Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes

My kids never liked pancakes.  In fact, I haven't been a huge fan recently either.  One morning, I was in the mood to cook so I decided to make them from scratch rather than adding water to the Krusteaz mix.  Wow, what a difference!  Since then, I have tried many recipes and combined them until I think I have found the perfect concoction.  Now we all love them!  These are so delicious.  Just mix all these things together and store in your pantry, then just scoop out what you need for breakfast.  Enjoy!

2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 Cups Rolled Quick Oats (I process mine in the blender dry before adding them to the mix because I don't love having the texture of the oats in my pancakes, but this is optional)
2 Tbs. Sugar
2 Tbs. Baking Powder
3/4 Tbs. Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil

When you want to make pancakes in the morning,  mix together the following:

1 1/2 Cups Mix
1 Cup Buttermilk (I always have this on hand.  Click here to read how)
1 Egg

Cook on griddle or skillet and serve.  This is the right amount to feed my family of 4, with a little leftover.

1 comment:

  1. You guys used to LOVE oatmeal pancakes. I haven't made them for years. But they are yummy!

    ReplyDelete