Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crumble Topping

This recipe was given to me a long time ago by a girl that used to live in my neighborhood.  I made it and LOVED it.  Unfortunately, I lost the recipe and she moved out of the state (this happened before the days of facebook).  Well, a few years later I was telling some friends about this delicious recipe and we were discussing how I might be able to get my hands on it again.  I'd tried plenty of recipes online and none of them were the same as what I remembered.  I couldn't even remember her name, so I didn't know how I could reach her.  Well, one of my friends knew who I was talking about and somehow got this awesome recipe for me!  I made it again and it tasted just as good as I remembered.  So as not to lose this recipe ever again, I'm posting it here.  Luckily, you all get to enjoy it as well! 

1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Oats
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Butter, softened

1.  Mix all dry ingredients.
2.  Add dry ingredients to softened butter and mix until crumbly.
3.  Pour into baking dish over desired fruit mixture (see below).
4.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.
 
For the fruit mixture, you can use anything you want.  When I ate it originally, it was made with apples.  Since then, I've also made it with berries and apples together.  Peaches would also be delicious.

Cut up whatever fruit you like and sprinkle some granulated sugar, a little flour, lemon juice and salt (tiny bit) over it.  Stir it all together.  Put that in a baking dish and put the crumble mixture over it before baking.

Oh. My. Gosh.  It's amazing!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment